Let's Go for a Picnic
We love fun holidays here at Perfect Fit Placement and we are always up for an excuse to head outside. That is why we are so thrilled that this Wednesday is national eat outside day! Did I hear someone say picnic? That’s right, its time to pack a lunch and head to the lake or park! Just make sure you bring your ice packs and sit in the shade because the temperature isn’t too forgiving of picnic plans.
Now lets discuss the proper way to picnic. I’m not talking a big towel and some Tupperware people. I mean a picnic basket equipped with a blanket and everything in between. If you don’t own a basket and do not have time to head to your local store to get one, don’t sweat it! It’s just as easy to pack a big cooler full of everything you might need. As far as food goes, my favorite outdoor menu consists of blt sliders, watermelon and corn and cucumber salad. As for the kids, we're making PB & J fruit skewers!
BLT sliders with Basil Ranch Mayo
Makes 12 sliders
• 1-1/2 pounds of Thickly Sliced Bacon
• 1 package of Hawaiian Rolls
• Sliced Tomatoes
• Bibb Lettuce
• ¼ cup mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
• 1-1/2 teaspoons of dried basil leaves
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add the bacon strips to the sheet in a single layer.
3. Bake for 35-0 minutes.
4. Drain the excess grease into a heat proof mug or mason jar.
5. Mix together the mayo, ranch and basil in a small bowl.
6. Build your blt’s!
Corn and Cucumber Salad
Feeds a crowd!
• 6 ears fresh corn or 3 cups frozen corn
• 3 cucumbers chopped
• 1 red pepper chopped
• 1 green pepper chopped
• 1 red onion chopped
For the Dressing:
• 1-1/2 cups Italian dressing
• 2 Tbl vinegar
• 2 Tbl lemon juice
• 2 tsp sugar or sweetener
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp pepper
1. Cook the corn until tender then rinse under cold running water. Drain.
2. Chop the cucumber, red and green peppers and onion. Combine with the corn in a large bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl, mix the salad dressing and then pour over the mixture. Toss well.
4. Chill for two hours before serving.
Jenna Cates: Perfect Fit Placement Specialist